My Top 5 Takeaways From Working With a Business Coach
I used to look around at successful business owners and think they all had something I didn’t have like outside investors or a wealthy family (or spouse) or the “it factor.”
It felt impossible for someone like me (who grew poor, lesbian, didn’t go to an Ivy League school, introverted) to earn a six figure salary in my own business.
I knew I had to uplevel my network, so I got myself into some business coaching. I’ve been able to grow a 7 figure business despite not being born into a rich family (and certainly not being the life of the party!)
Today I’m sharing what I’ve learned from my mentors and coaches.
- Dream big but make a plan. Write down & identify your goals with a clear path on how you’re going to get there. You’d be surprised how many people want to pay themselves six figures …but they’ve never written it down and have absolutely no plan on how to get there. I love this quote. “A goal is a dream with it’s work boots on.” ~ Rachel Hollis
- Niche down. I used to be afraid of alienating potential clients so I was quite generic in my branding and messaging. The “any client is a good one” mentality. Once I started showing up as my authentic self and turning away clients who weren’t a good fit, business got better, more fun and more profitable.
- Pay myself first. A clear path to profit. I used to bring in revenue of over $40k per month but I wasn’t paying myself even $10k because I didn’t understand how to track the money coming in and going out. You’ve got to track the money.
- Actively appreciate what you have. I start each and every day by writing down five things I’m grateful for. This habit allows me to acknowledge my own successes and invites more health, wealth, and happiness into my life. I’m able to bring that positivity to my family and the clients I serve.
- Learn by doing. Everything good and rewarding in my life and business has been on the other side of discomfort. I learn best by taking action. My business coaches have pointed out when I’m staying too far within my comfort zone. They have guided me to explore my own limiting beliefs (mind trash) and coached me through taking uncomfortable action. “So often, we pretend we’ve made a decision, when what we’ve really done is signed up to try until it gets too uncomfortable. – Jen Sincero
A business coach is someone who will help you clarify your goals for your business and then offer support, one on one or group meetings, and lead you through tried and true success formulas. A coach will be a guiding force throughout your career.
Read more about business coaching.
Ready to smash your goals and have a mentor helping you through the unknowns? Check out my four week intensive coaching program where I guide you through increasing your income potential. My coaching is tailored to the hemp/cbd and cannabis industry and the unique struggles we face. Want to talk details? Book a free Discovery call with me and we can develop the best fit for you.